- Making of frames, vases, pots, plaques, jewellery, flowers and other decorative items using clay.
- To explore and develop their creativity and enhance manual dexterity.
- Planning, buying ingredients, preparing, serving and clearing up. Each session has its own pictorial recipe for Service Users to follow easily.
- Improve cooking skills for a more independent life.
- Experience a range of different instruments; percussion, wind, electric keyboard as well as different types of music.
- Enjoyment, relaxation, expression and communication through music.
- Surf the Net for information, use email, print, use of social media, and use specialised software and hardware designed for those with Learning Disabilities.
- Development of communication skills, interaction, learning, listening to music
Arts & Crafts:
- Combination of Art and Craft: cutting, pasting, drawing, painting and collage.
- Development of artistic skills using a range of materials and equipment. Learn to work alone and in a group collectively to achieve a task.
- Physical exercises, dancing-stepping sequences, floor stretching.
- Tutor-led classes to increase mobility, muscle tone and overall physical wellbeing. To develop motor skills and coordination.
- Opportunity to explore and address issues, to act, to sing and to dance.
- Explore feelings, to work in a group, to perform to audiences, thereby gaining personal satisfaction, improving communications skills and building confidence.
- To provide an environment that will stimulate the sensory reception, i.e. smell, light, sound and touch.
- To enhance relaxation through stimulation and the experiencing of different sensations.
We run many other classes:
Sewing, Discussion Group & Current Affairs, Bingo, Hair and Beauty (pampering sessions), Board and Card Games, Massage Therapy, Reading and Writing, Modelling, Construction Activities, Puzzles, Sports.
Community based activities: Library, Shopping, travelling, Cycling, Outings, Bowling, Leisure Centre
Person Centred Plan of Activities
View our example activities timetable by clicking the links below: